The EC conference technology will combine Zoom and Gather.town. Zoom will be used for pre-recording sessions for talks and tutorials and live plenary talks. Gather.town will be used for coffee discussions, watch parties, and poster sessions. All events can be found on this calendar.
The main conference will be held on Gather.town.
- Main conference: http://ec20.sigecom.org/tech/conference (July 13-July 16)
Pre-recording and Plenaries
Pre-recording for tutorials and papers will be conducted over Zoom. Speakers and attendees should download the latest version of the Zoom application. The tutorials will be password controlled with a password that is distributed with registration. Links to the zoom events will also be available on the schedule.
- Zoom links for the mentoring workshop are emailed to registered attendees.
- Tutorials: http://ec20.sigecom.org/tech/tutorial (June 17-18, June 25-26)
- Tutorial exercises: http://ec20.sigecom.org/tech/tutorial-exercises (June 17, June 25)
- Paper prerecording sessions: http://ec20.sigecom.org/tech/prerecording (June 22-July 3)
- Prerecording coffee discussions: http://ec20.sigecom.org/tech/coffee (June 22-July 3)
- Plenary sessions: http://ec20.sigecom.org/tech/plenary (July 13-July 16)
Coffee Discussions, Watch Parties, and Poster Sessions
The Virtual Transition Team is working closely with the engineers at Gather.town to create an environment that combines watch parties with live chat, poster sessions with live video chat, curated conversations, and hallway discussion. The Gather.town platform offers an intuitive conference experience with a spacial metaphor.
Participants can try out the basic features of the Gather.town platform at this demo space. For the best demo experience, visit with a colleague or two. The EC experience will use features of the platform not available in this demo.
Gather.town works best in the Chrome and Firefox web browsers.